Policy Projects Officer
- Exciting opportunity to make a difference
- Research, policy and data focus
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience!
About the company
Medicines Australia represents the innovative pharmaceuticals industry in Australia. Their member companies supply 86 per cent of the medicines that are available to Australian patients through Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS), as well as providing a range of other medicines and vaccines to the Australian community.
About the role
Medicines Australia is recruiting a Policy Officer to provide support to the Policy and Research Team.
This position will play a critical role in providing comprehensive support including, research, data collection and analysis of key policy issues affecting the pharmaceutical industry. This is an ideal position to entrench your passion and enthusiasm for all things policy, and in return have the opportunity to develop core policy skills in a dynamic and high-profile industry.
The key objectives of this position are:
- Research, synthesise and analyse quantitative and qualitative material and data to assist in the development of key policy decisions;
- Draft and coordinate policy submission responses in relation to member enquiries, media requests and departmental briefings;
- Provide secretariat and project support to the Policy and Research Team Working Groups
- Assist in the ongoing collection and storage of policy data and information; and
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team and contribute to building a culture of collaboration across the organisation and with members.
About the candidate
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic industry body at the grass roots level. As a key member of the Policy team, you will bring strong research and analytical skills and an interest in public policy to assist the team with shaping key issues for the innovative medicines industry. You will need to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to build productive relationships with stakeholders, including Members, advocacy groups and the health sector. Demonstrated work experience with a minimum of 2 years, and tertiary qualifications in social science, economics, health science, data analysis or other related disciplines are expected to support your ability to digest the complexity that this industry offers.
Printable version of the job description is available here