International Alliance of Patients’ Organizations
International Alliance of Patients’ Organizations (IAPO) is a global alliance representing patients of all nations across all disease areas and promoting patient-centred healthcare across the world. It works with communities of patients to get their voices heard by all involved in healthcare.
On this page
Working with partners and stakeholders
The Working with Partners and Stakeholders Toolkit outlines how patients’ organisations, both large and small, can work effectively with a range of partners and stakeholders. There are materials to assist organisations’ in developing their infrastructure and capabilities, as well as guidance on core skills and activities. Areas covered include raising disease awareness, advocacy, strategic planning, fundraising and effective communication.
Other IAPO toolkits include:
- Biological and Biosimilar Medicines: An Information and Advocacy Toolkit for Patients’ Organizations
- Addressing Global Patient Safety Issues: An Advocacy Toolkit for Patients’ Organizations
- Top tips on preparing presentations
- Top tips for collaborating with other patients’ organisations and healthcare professional associations
- Top tips for working with pharmaceutical companies
- Checklist for working with pharmaceutical companies
- How the external environment can affect a patients’ organisation’s strategy
Access a range of policy statements and resources from the IAPO website including:
‘How to…’ Guides
- Templates for meeting minutes, agendas, thank you letters
- Step-by-step guide to planning and managing a meeting
- Step-by-step guide to project management
Policy & Advocacy
The International Alliance of Patients’ Organizations has outlined range of key policy issues in healthcare.